Easy recipe for gingerbread cookies – just incredibly delicious
The smell of gingerbread belongs to Christmas like cinnamon, vanilla or candles. It is important that it is stored in well-sealing tins and separated from other cookies, so that it remains juicy. Last but not least, it makes a perfect ornament on the Christmas tree.
Ingredients for the dough
320g rye flour
2 pcs. eggs
- 70g honey
- 140g powdered sugar
- 8g baking soda
- 3g cocoa powder
- 3g gingerbread spice
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
Ingredients for the icing
- 1 egg white
- 250g sifted powdered sugar
- Prepare a gingerbread dough from the ingredients listed. Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Then roll out the dough to a thickness of approx. 5 mm and cut out the gingerbread. Brush them with a mixture of egg and a dash of milk and bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees for 8 minutes.
(TIP: The gingerbread should still be very soft when they come out of the oven, because that’s how they stay…)
- For the icing, gradually add the egg whites with the sifted powdered sugar (should be sifted so that there are no small lumps in the icing) and mix well until the icing has reached the desired consistency.
- Pour the finished mixture into a freshness bag and cut away a corner. ATTENTION: The hole should be very small!
Bon appetite and enjoy the cookies!